According to the latest research from Kings College London, the air in the subway is the dirtiest in all kinds of indoor and outdoor environments, the daily mail of London reported
At the end of April 2017, Qilu Evening News reported that a female passenger suddenly fainted at the Textile City Station of Xian Metro Line 1, which caused a heated discussion on the Internet, and the air quality in the subway was widely concerned.
What is the air environment in the subway?
According to statistics, the crowd in the subway can produce 5 million small particles per minute, including dust from the soles of shoes, fallen dandruff, sneezing droplets, and fibers on clothes. Other relevant tests show that the average PM 2.5 value of subway, especially the platform, is 16 times higher than that of the ground.
Where does PM2.5 come from?
1. A large number of decorative materials and thermal insulation materials are used in subway, which will directly release a variety of chemical pollutants, including volatile organic compounds, into the compartment;
2. A large number of odor and carbon dioxide will be released from the crowd in the subway vehicles, and a variety of microorganisms and bacteria will be produced;
3. There are a lot of dust in the subway, coupled with poor ventilation, insufficient sunlight, bacteria and other biological pollutants
4. The pollutants released from building decoration materials of subway station system and pollutants produced by other factors will enter the carriage of metro vehicles through the new air outlet of air conditioning and frequent opening and closing of metro vehicle doors.
The harm of subway air pollution?
According to a paper published by Swedish medical professor Hahn Carlson in Swedens Science Daily, subway air contains many kinds of harmful particles, which can damage the DNA structure of human body, and can penetrate into the main human organs including lung, brain, liver and kidney, which is more harmful to the health of passengers than car exhaust.
How to reduce the harm of subway air?
1. Wash your hands frequently
2. Strengthen inspection and supervision
3. Use environmental protection material and arrange exhaust outlet reasonably
4. Wear a mask when the subway enters the station